Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Finished Staff Portraits

We're finally finishing up with our staff portraits, the last project in my 4th grade portrait unit..  (You can see our practice staff portraits here.  Our first project in the unit, pop art portraits, can be seen here.)  I must say, I'm pretty happy with the results!  Most of the students captured a pretty decent likeness of their chosen staff member.  The one thing I'm not too happy about is their lack of value.  Our next unit will be a pointillism unit so I can teach the students about painting with value (I LOVE pointillism, by the way!)








2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea! I bet the staff members just love seeing them. How did you go about choosing who gets to draw who? I can picture arguing over favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For this project, I just let everyone choose one staff member to draw...but next year if I do it again, I'll probably make everyone choose one different person and check off names. You know, draw people out of a hat randomly and let them choose a teacher, check that one off the list...etc. But, I do feel as though if they don't get the one they wanted, they might not try as hard as they did this year!

      Some students chose relatives that work in our school to draw, other chose their favorite teacher.

      Delete